It’s easy to know when you need to replace your floors or repaint the walls; you see them every
day and when they look old or worned out, it’s easy to notice. The wear and tear on your roof is a
different thing. How often do you spend the time looking up at your roof and really analyzing
how it looks? If you’re like most homeowners, the first indication you get that it’s time for a new roof
is when water starts leaking and finding the way into your home. Before that happens, here are some signs that
your roof needs to be replaced:
• It’s old: most roofs have a 20-30 year warranty, if it’s older than that, it's time to replace it.
• It shows wear and tear: peeling or bubbling paint.
• Roof material/debris is evident around the home: signs it’s breaking down.
• Leaks and/or water stains: check both the garage as well as your attic for evidence of
• Your electrical or gas bills are rising: Unexplained increases in your utility bills could be signs of
heat or cold escaping your home
If you think it’s time to replace the roof, now is the time to research your options for
replacement or repairs, before your roof becomes a much bigger problem.